Sunday, September 28, 2014

Soon to be October :) 9/29 to 10/3

This week's spelling words :)
Short vowel i sound:  id "chunk"

win
hid
kid
did
is
slid
rid
lid
with
fin

I apologize for the mix up with the spelling words last week :/. I was out sick and my substitute (mrs. costa- also my mom) collected the list after the activity they did with list.  I was SO impressed how connected the parents are that they got the words and got them sent out to almost everyone - I love that there's a Facebook page that got them listed for parents!! AWESOME JOB PARENTS!!!! 

Vocabulary words this week:

your
where
make
fly
needs
be
tail
work
kite
day
by
that
down

*** I will begin vocabulary assessments. This assessment will include the first 6 weeks of vocabulary. As I suggested, if you kept reviewing all words along with the new ones each week- your child will do well.  If you haven't please review them.  If it looks like your child will need more review, I will write a note in their planner.  Thank you. 

MATH MASTERS!!!! 

I'm sure your child has mentioned that we are doing a math facts challenge in the classroom.  I have a chart, and when they pass each of the different levels of addition tests, they get a sticker on the chart. In order to move on, they must pass each level.  When we get through with the addition levels, and your child has passed each level, they will get a treat to be announced at a later date.  If your child is struggling, please work with them at home :). Flash cards are the best way to learn the facts. I really want each child to pass the challenge!  It may take extra work from you at home to help them learn them!! Remember we want your child to learn/ memorize the facts. With practice, this is possible.  You can have them start with the 1's then move to the 2's and so on.  Have them write the facts out 1+1=2 and so on.  All these strategies are very helpful in teaching them "how"to memorize- a skill they will need in subsequent grades to study for tests.  It's never too early to start learning this skill.  So far most of my students are doing very well!!!! Go first graders!!!!!

Here is a revised list for centers:
1st and 3rd Wednesdays:

Tina Roberts
Lori Gallo
Melissa Pareira
Mrs. Weber- Emma's grandma
Mrs. Buendia

2nd and 4th Wednesdays:

Lori Gallo
Tina Roberts
Janie Schuesler
Mrs. Buendia 

****** I am in need of another volunteer for the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays.  If you would like to volunteer in the classroom and earn hours, please, please let me know :). If you can't do both, and would like one of the days, please let me know!! Thank you so much !! Your support is always appreciated!! ******

A word about illnesses ....... Please, if you know your child is sick( coughing 
a lot, fever , etc) please keep them home. Children this age catch EVERYTHING, so if you can, please keep them home.  When you send them, and tell them " if you don't feel well, have the school call home" , it is all they think about.  They are very distracted and don't get their work done.  It's a lose/ lose situation.  We all need to be responsible in keeping all students well.  Thank you for being supportive. 

I was so proud to see so many of my students at 9:00 Mass on Sunday!! Go Lancers :)

Don't forget, this Friday is the BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS Mass.  Mass begins at 11:00 on the front lawn in front of preschool. If you are bringing a pet, you will keep the pet with you during the mass.  Your child will go to you after the mass, for the blessing.  Please remember to walk your child back TO THE CLASSROOM after the mass.  I will have already taken the rest of the class back.  We will need to account for everyone before I can dismiss the class.  Also, it is a 12:30 dismissal day.  Please be there at that time to pick up your child.  Thank you :). If you can, please let me know before Friday,  if you will be bringing your pet.  This helps with organizing them after mass. It's good to know who will be staying with a parent for the blessing, and who will be walking back with me.  Thank you again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment