Sunday, September 7, 2014

HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!

We have a busy, full week! 

We will start addition timed tests and spelling tests!  Usually the math facts timed tests are given 3 to 4 times a week at the beginning of the math period.  They are 25 problems, and I begin by giving them 5 min. to finish.  If they don't finish, it's ok....... I would rather see them complete some of the problems accurately then complete the test with many errors.  It is a work in progress, with practice at home and at school, their scores will improve.  This is a school-wide goal.  Learning these basic facts will help with their overall math success!

Spelling tests begin this week.  The words are given out on Tuesdays( but if you check the blog, you'll have the words Sunday nights :) ) Hint, Hint...... Check the Blog every week.  The list contains 8-10 words to learn.  I also give 2 challenge words on each test.  They will follow a concept that we have practiced in class.  For example, this weeks words are short vowel "a" words.  So challenge words may follow that. We have also been going over "th" and "ch" words, and they may be words with those patterns.  Just remember that practicing each night with your child is very helpful!

PARENT HELPERS NEEDED!!!!!!!!!  
******Remember you must have fingerprints completed and have attended safe environment training to work with the students!!!!!

Next week I would like to start centers.  Centers with go from 8:45 to 10:00 every Wednesday.  If you can help please let me know as soon as you can, so I can set up a schedule.  If you can help every week, or only on particular dates,  let me know that too.  This way I can give everyone a chance to come in.  Remember, this is a fun way to earn those parent hours, and it is a great way to see what we are learning in first grade.  Write me a note or send me an email as soon as you can, thanks in advance, for your support :)

PROGRESS REPORTS GO HOME THIS FRIDAY!    
They will go home on Friday, and MUST come back signed on the following Monday! 

Just a note:
They are a PROGRESS report.  They are grades that show progress thus far.  They can be improved for the report card.  If you have questions or concerns, please come talk to me.  My students are doing well so far this year!  I am very proud of the efforts so far !! :)


Heads UP!

We will very taking a trip to the Hunter's Pumpkin patch October 15th.  If you want to help drive and chaperone- you must have fingerprints done, and have completed the safe environment training here at school in order to attend and help us with the trip.  ALSO, IN ORDER TO DRIVE, YOU MUST HAVE ALL REQUIRED INSURANCE INFORMATION TURNED INTO THE OFFICE.  Please talk to Carnation to get the paperwork you with need to fill out and what you'll need to turn in to the office.  Thanks 

******Next safe environment training will be THIS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 IN THE SCHOOL AUDITORIUM AT 6:00 P.M.!!!  I'm not sure there will be another one before this trip, so if you haven't attended you need to attend !!! 

This week's vocabulary: Please continue to review past words as well as the new words!

is
my
from
run
jump
walk
think
fun
play
home
friend
like

This week's spelling words: Practice test Thursdays- Final test Friday

at
cat
sat
mat
hat
rat
man
can



I want to thank all the wonderful parents who continue to be a great support to me and to the students in my class.  It's this partnership that will make this year a true success!!!!!!  God Bless You!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment