Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 !!!

Welcome Back !!! I hope everyone has enjoyed their much needed rest, I sure did.  I really appreciated all the thoughtful gifts that so many of you gave me for Christmas.  I loved the thoughts and prayers that my family received over the loss of my father in December.  It was a sad time, but I was so grateful for the vacation to spend with my family.  Again your love and support was so heartfelt :-)

Now it's back to work we go!!! 
Info for the week:
Report cards go home this Friday, January 10
Friday, January 10 is a minimum day, with Friday mass. 

I will be conducting vocabulary assessments this week.

Vocabulary

fourth
fifth
sixth
seventh
strange
whole
elephant
pillar
turn
moral
agree
great

Spelling this week will concentrate on the short vowel "u".  Also the challenge portion of the spelling test will continue to be dictation sentences .

up
us
but
hut
fun
cut
nut
run
rut
sun


In the next few weeks I will be sending home more reading .  Remember that some things may seem too easy, but reading isn't just about learning vocabulary words.  It is also important to become a fluent reader.  So when I assign reading assignments, I am focusing on the complete reader.  Vocabulary is very important, and should be continuously reviewed at home on a regular basis.  Please review the words from the year, not just for that week.  Thank you.  Teaching your child to read is a cooperative effort between school and home.  When we support each other , your child WINS !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment