Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 14-October 18

We have made it through the first quarter ! My students know the rules and procedures of my classroom.  They understand the planners and that it must be signed 5 days a week.  Homework is getting done and being returned the next day when it is assigned.  I have already seen growth in many of them.  I am so proud of my students !!!

Report cards go home this Friday.  They must be signed and returned by Monday so we can discuss them at conferences.  Thank you.

Just a reminder:  we do not have show and tell.  Please do not let your child bring in things to show the class unless I have specifically assigned it.  I will have them write it in their planner if I'd like something brought in.  Thank you. 

Next week is the Pumpkin Patch field trip. Wednesday , October 23 please send in your child's booster seat.  We will leave first thing in the morning.  Your child will not be able to go if a booster seat isn't brought in. It's the law!  Please mark their seat with their name please.  If you are driving, you Must have all the registration, insurance, and drivers license information into the office BY THIS WEDNESDAY!  If your info is not in and up -to -date for this new school year , you will not be able to drive for this trip.  It is very difficult to change car groups at the last minute because of this.  We appreciate your support in this matter. Thank you.  There will be more info on next week's blog.

Vocabulary this week:
then
never
many
always
soup
lunch
whose
was
baby
father
everything

Spelling this week :

big
and
did
map
the
fin
ran
jig
had
it


Just a note........ I so appreciate all the help and support I have received this year.  I have taught for 15 years, but teaching first grade is a whole new world!  I love my students, and always have their best interest at heart :-) Thanks again for your patience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment